Re: Windows -> Linux

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 10:47:03AM -0700, Don Russell wrote:
> MS money is abot the only app I have left on a Windows machine that I
> could otherwise convert to Linux.
>
> I found a FAQ that asks about "equivalent Linux programs", and this list
> was given as replacements for MS Money:
>
> GnuCash, KMyMoney, jGnash, MoneyDance, Grisbi, PLCash, Crossover

If by the last you mean Crossover Office, that is a package of the
Wine Windows libraries. It will let you run some Windows apps on
Linux.

> Obviously I've not used any of these... does anybody have a recommendation?
>
> Ideally, I'd like a web interface to it so I could access/update it from
> any PC in my home.

Rather than run a web interface, log in to the machine that has the
program and data files on it via SSH from a machine with an X server
(any Linux box with a GUI), and run the application from the command
line. It will run on the remote machine, but use your local keyboard
and display for I/O.