Re: Elo TouchScreen Driver for FC6

linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I recently got a TouchScreen LCD Monitor and I'm having
trouble finding the right Driver. I found several different Drivers for Linux but can't seem to find the right one for my system. I found Drivers for FC4/5 and thought I'd try them but they didn't work since I'm running FC6.

The monitor is a no-name brand and it's hooked up to a COM
Port, not USB. I installed XP on a partition just to check and make sure
the TouchScreen was actually working and had absolutely no
problems. I installed the Elo XP Drivers and the
TouchScreen worked instantly~

I'm glad to see that the TouchScreen is working but the
only problem is that I never use XP. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get this working on Fedora Core 6!

Here are some links I found, but I've still got nothing:
http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld.asp
http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld_archive.asp
http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld_company.asp
http://www.cartft.com/support/drivers/TFT/

Any suggestions?

Did you get this resolved?

I'm a bit interested in this subject also. All I can offer is my experience with the ELO and MS based installations. It is not 100% error proof in that environment either. Plug-n-play caused a lot of problems on that end. (Serial versions also)

For Linux, I found this link which might give you some clues. It looks full of concepts which will at least enlighten you more one touchscreen drivers and Linux operating systems.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-playscreen/

Jim

--
Q: Why shouldn't I simply delete the stuff I never use, it's just taking up space?
A: This question is in the category of Famous Last Words..