Compile in Fedora

Hi:

I tried long ago to install Fedora Core 6 in my 64 bit box, but the installer would hang. Then I recently came across Fermi Linux which is a variant of Scientific Linux, and is based on Fedora Core, and I installed it. My problem is that the distro does not recognize my wireless nic and no module is provided out of the box. I have to compile it, which is why I ask help to inquire what do I need in fedora Core to be able to compile. I tried to compile the module's tarball out of the box and I couldn't. Thanks for any help in advance.

Teilhard