Re: FC6 dependency failure help?

On 17/05/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/16/07, Dave Stevens <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just gone through a clean install of FC6 x86_64 and have done all
> outstanding updates. I want to add some software (using Pirut) from the
> standard repos (main and extras) and have triggered a need for kdeutils
> (although I have not explicitly asked for it) which generates this message:
>
> Missing Dependency: libpython2.4.so.1.0 is needed by package kdeutils
>
> I thought I could safely assume that dependency hell would not occur in the
> main FC6 repos, is that not so? And can anyone point me to the correct
> location of the python library?
>
> Dave

Enable the updates repository. libpython2.4.so.1.0 is included in the
python2.4.3 or 2.4.4 rpm. Do an update using yum. Then install
kdeutils.

No. It's one of the broken multi-lib dependencies, see:

 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/234432

I've reopened that ticket now. Orginally, kdeutils.i386 was missing,
now kdeutils.i386 is available, but requires the non-existant i386
Python.