Re: Openoffice duplex printing

On Wednesday 16 May 2007, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> I do not get Openoffice to print duplex on an HP 8150, whatever settings
> I use. However if I generate a PDF, and then use kprinter (with the same
> settings) duplex printing does work.
> Could this be a bug in Openoffice CUPS support?

I think OpenOffice's handling of printers is appalling.  I've never been able
to get it to access all the features available on my dj990CXi, one of which
is duplex settings.  Apart from your solution, you can often get around it by
saving as an open document format then opening it in kword to print.

Whenever possible I use kprinter.  It gives me the best printout options,
including enscript support for booklet printing and many other options.  I've
persuaded firefox to use it, but I gave up on any hope of getting openoffice
to either give me the options natively or to output to kprinter.

Anne