Re: gaim? or pidgin?

     > We've got a new name, a new look, and a ton of new features, but
    we're
     > still the same old instant messaging client you know and love. We've
     > changed our name as part of a trademark settlement with AOL, and have
     > finally released our long-awaited version 2.0.0. Read all about it on
     > the News page.
     >
     > http://www.pidgin.im/

there's a small error on your Fedora install page. the page says:
To install Pidgin on Fedora Core 4, 5 or 6, save the pidgin.repo file from above in /etc/yum/repo.d/ You can then use "yum install pidgin", or the Package Manager (pirut) to install Pidgin.

but the pidgin.repo should be placed in /etc/yum.repos.d

--
jack wallen, jr. www.monkeypantz.net
It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. - Voltaire