Re: Fedora core 6 and widescreen monitors?

On 5/15/07, Terry Zink <tzink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Before I unplug my workstation here and switch over to this widescreen LCD, anyone have any idea how well fedora is at detecting non standard (aka widescreen) resolutions?

No specific experience with widescreens here but I have found with my
testing of F7 that it has the best monitor detection of all the
distros that I have looked at. Any problems just entailed erasing the
xorg.conf and letting X rebuild it from scratch on X restart. I think
in previous versions of Fedora you had to do an 'X -configure' for it
to rebuild the xorg.conf.

/Mike