Re: Fedora Weekly News Issue 87

On 2007-05-14, 22:07 GMT, Tim wrote:
> I had thought about installing the MS Core fonts, but that
> brings about other problems:  I don't want to see some of those
> butt-ugly fonts appearing elsewhere, by default (e.g.
> webpages, or documents that otherwise don't really need them).

OpenOffice.org (and maybe even AbiWord, I haven't tried that)
uses Subtitution Table (Tools/Options/OpenOffice.org/Fonts), so
you can say that Times New Roman will be substituted by
Liberation Serif, Arial by Liberation Sans Serif, Courier New by
LIbertaion whateveristhename.

And of course as system default fonts use something else (I
actually like Fedora default Deja fonts).

Best,

Matej