Re: No eth1 wireless

On 14/05/07, David G. Miller <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [root@localhost ~]# iwlist eth1 scan
> eth1      No scan results

The above isn't good news.  I'd guess that the above means that the
wireless driver isn't working.  My laptop gives me a list of APs as long
as they are there to be found (even when the ESSID isn't being broadcast).

Not good.

> However, there is something there:
>
> [root@localhost ~]# iwconfig eth1
> eth1      unassociated  ESSID:off/any  Nickname:"localhost.localdomain"
>           Mode:Managed  Frequency=nan kHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
>           Bit Rate=0 kb/s   Tx-Power:16 dBm
>           Retry limit:15   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Encryption key:off
>           Power Management:off
>           Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
>           Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>           Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:130   Missed beacon:0
I think you'll see this as long as the driver loads.  Everything that's
being reported indicates that the driver isn't getting anything from the
radio: no packets, no signal quality, etc.  The "invalid misc" is
interesting since it's the only non-zero value.

I kind of jumped into the middle of this thread.  What does lspci say is
your wireless card?  Are you using a native driver or ndiswrapper?

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks, I'm using the native driver. Here's lspci:

[root@localhost ~]# lspci
--snip--
0b:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Network Connection (rev 02)

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/spyware.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/365/mystikal.html