Re: Sound problems

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 15:59 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
I am unable to get any sound working,my card is detected as shown

00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: S3 Inc. SonicVibes
         Subsystem: Voyetra Technologies Unknown device 2010
         I/O ports at ef80 [size=16]
         I/O ports at ef60 [size=16]
         I/O ports at efa4 [size=4]
         I/O ports at efa0 [size=4]
         I/O ports at ef58 [size=8]

My /etc/rc.local

#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq

# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe w83627ehf
# sleep 2 # optional
/usr/bin/sensors -s # recommended

# modprobe -r snd-intel8x0
# modprobe snd-intel8x0

modprobe -r snd-sonicvibes
modprobe snd-sonicvibes

mknod c /dev/dsp 14 3

mknod b /dev/sda1 8 1
chown david:root /dev/sda1
chmod 666 /dev/sda1
modprobe usb_storage

My /dev/dsp

[david@reddwarf ~]$ ls -l /dev/dsp
crw------- 1 david root 14, 3 May 13 15:58 /dev/dsp

Can anybody help me please

  Thanks   david

Have you tried to look at alsamixer. Raise the level of relevant
channels and unmute the channels (with MM at bottom) by typing m.
Am I accompanied by a PARENT or GUARDIAN?

I have got the sound going via alsamixer but have found the problem lies in KDE,testing the sound in control centre/system notifications. works but not with progamme sound i:e "minimize" "close window"

Thanks  david