Re: emacs !!!

Hi;
I had the same problem -- I think.  Easy to fix.

On mine /usr/bin/emacs had been removed by the emacs package and
replaced by has emacs-22.0.99.  A simple bash alieas, or hard/soft
symbolic link or change the launch command in a desktop launcher served
as temporary fixes until a new package is created.

--
Regards Bill