Re: X window woes

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
It could be a DNS problem. Try running " nslookup $(hostname)" and
see if it shows an IP address, or an error message. (You can use dig
in place of nslookup, but nslookup produces a cleaner output.)

Mikkel
Mikkel,thanks for the attention!
I'm quite sure that both of them will return error messages,
because We can only access the network through some kind of authentication.
BTW:  Why the dns concerned?