Re: OT: hardware problems

Ric Moore wrote:
On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 23:32 -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:

John,

  How screwed up is Fedora 7 going to be??

As someone who's been running the Development tree since about the
F7-Test2 timeframe, I can vouch that it will be quite impressive.
Indeed, it will have its bugs, though, as any piece of software does;
but we as a community will continue to improve upon the software and
squash those bugs as we find them.

John, while a computer may be, for all practical purposes, infallible,
humans statistically make mistakes 15% of the time. Life gets easier if
you can see your way to making allowances for that. Especially if there
is the remote chance that you have made some mistakes.

HP Scanners, I have an HP PSC 1510 All-In-One. It's worked just fine
until a week ago. Then it wouldn't scan and I got all aggravated. After
re-booting, using smart to check all of my installed rpms and pouring
over the docs with terminal windows opened all over the desktop, when I
opened the lid and re-positioned the document, it lit up and scanned.

Opening the damn lid to the scanner. Who would have thought? :) Ric

 Yeah, easy things like that make me glad I got into computers... :) Side note about the scanner- I'm in a bit of a rush to get things scanned. I started a (didn't know then) major project last Fall- an Aunt holds about 3/4ths - 2/3rds of the family photos with the rest being scattered around through the rest of us. The Aunt who holds the photos turns 70 this year (also know like 95% of the photoed people); a Great Aunt just turned 99 a few months ago. So... its somewhat important that my hardware plays nicely with an OS. Hopefully, that explains my rant. :)

              John