Fedora 7 Hanging at rpcbind on Boot

I've just upgraded an FC5 system to FC7 test 4 and it hangs during boot
when trying to start rpcbind. If I do an interactive boot and tell it
not to start rpcbind then it'll get all the way to login quite happily,
although anything that depends on rpc running obviously doesn't come up.

Strangely, if I then start rpcbind, it'll come up quite happily.

Is there anything obvious I ought to be checking, before I dive in and
look more closely, or should I give up and do a clean install? (The
purpose of this one was to practice the upgrade on a spare machine prior
to playing with the main one)

Dave