Re: ms powerpoint presentation -> html

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 00:56 +0700, Strong wrote:
> I have a an ms powerpoint presentation and need to generate an html
> page from it. How I can easily / best do it in my FC6? I know html.

I haven't done it, but it looks simple.  Open the file in Open Office
Presentation, and save it as HTML.

In the open screen there is a filetype box pull down.  Halfway down
there is a selection for MS PowerPoint.
I would think you could select that and open the powerpoint
presentation.  Then save it as HTML from Presentation.

I would kind of expect to have to do some review and editing, because
not every thing generally works in ANY form of importing.  It has to do
with "the law of unintended consequences" when some formats and
instructions are combined in one form and the result doesn't evaluate
quite the same in the new syntax.

Regards,
Les H