Re: Gnome KDE Xorg.conf

Matej Cepl wrote:

So, my conclusion is that if you need your computer for something serious (not only games playing), I would go, sell your ATI card on eBay, and buy some nice Intel one -- you get open source drivers, maintained by both stellar team at Intel and all xorg programmers, and you will get support for your other applications without my suspicion, that actually ATI drivers are culprit.

Best,

Matej

Good advice, except for the fact that you can't buy a video card with an Intel graphics processor. They made one once (a long time ago) and it was a total piece of crap, so I guess they aren't interested in that market any more. You can only get Intel graphics integrated on the system motherboard.

Hey Intel, sell me a video card that does HDTV resolution and has HDMI output. I don't give a shit about 3D, I want a GPU chip that will handle all the work of decoding H264 encoded video.

Regards,

John