Re: may be OT: desktops and X windows system

azeem ahmad wrote:
hi list
um a newbie and my question may look funny to u, but in fact i dont know and so wanted to ask when installing fedora, we have option of installing "gnome", "kde" and "X Windows system" what is the difference in all three things and what if i dont install "X windows system" and only install gnome????

X Windows is the basic client/server graphics mechanism. KDE and GNOME are desktop environments that include window managers that needs X for their displays. If you use yum or make the selection for kde/gnome during the initial install, X will automatically also be installed as a dependency.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx