Re: problem with vsftpd with anon_max_rate option

Hi there,

The program where you are using ftp with, is that also working correctly
then? Looks like it's making a pasv connection, but only opens one port
but cannot open other ports because PASV is not allowed as you are
saying. We also had similar problems with this sometimes, but we fixed
it by enabling pasv. Anyway, you need to debug indeed. Check in
/var/log/xferlog.
Look if you see some strange messages. Then you have PASV enabled
by default, and have not shut this down in the config.

pasv_enable
    Set to NO if you want to disallow the PASV method of obtaining a data
connection.

    Default: YES

So if not using PASV, you need the NO option in your config ;).

Greetings,
Jim.

> Jim van Wel wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Do you have a firewall? If so, trie to set it off and test again. Also,
>> are you using pasv? Then some ports need to be opened.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Jim.
>>

>>> Hi everyone there:
>>> I get a problem with my vsftpd, It do works well when
>>> anon_max_rate=0.But after I set it to 500 or so, hoping to limit
>>> anonymous users max download rate,a weird problem occurs.
>>> The download stops after several bytes downloaded(Tested in 100M LAN)
>>>
>>> My vsftpd.conf  :
>>> ####################
>>> anonymous_enable=no
>>> local_enable=yes