Re: AD logins

azeem ahmad wrote:

I want my users to login to the workstations using their Active Directory username/passwords. and i am being unable to do it using winbind. please help me out

I've done this by setting up SMB authentication and specifying the AD as the domain controller, but I don't know if this always works or if it requires a compatibility mode setting on the AD. With SMB authentication you still have to create the accounts on the Linux side with matching login names but you don't have to manage passwords there so it is best if you only want a small set of users.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx