Re: Print driver for HP 1020 Laser printer

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 04:02:21PM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> AK> Does anyone know of the existence of a Linux print driver for the
> AK> HP 1020 Laser Printer?
>
> Go to linuxprinting.org and look it up in the database; you'll see:
>
> HP LaserJet 1020
> BW laser printer, max. 600x600 dpi, works Mostly
> Recommended driver: foo2zjs (Home page)
>
> Along with other information about getting it going.
>
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1020

If you haven't already spent your money on the printer, I can suggest
another inexpensive one that I've found works fine without any hassle
at all: I got a Brother HL-2070N a few months ago. plugged it in, the
system popped up a box identifying it and asking if I wanted to configure
it. Did so, and voila. I've set it at 600x600, though it'll also do
600x1200 and 300x300 and 150x150 and even 75x75. Works great!
Brother has released drivers for it, but the ones in recent versions of
GS seem to work fine, so there's no hassle at all.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------