Re: Another yum query

Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have 3 laptops.
> Is it possible to avoid downloading update rpm's 3 times?
> What I would like is for yum to look in /common/RPMs first,
> and only to look in the repository if it didn't find the rpm there.

I'm looking to do something similar.  I have a random bunch of amd64
and x86 machines I'm taking care of.  I would be nice to not download
all the RPM's several times.

cd /var/cache
mv yum yum-dist
ln -s /common/yum yum

Note, its isn't quite the directory structure you wanted, but should
be good enough.  Assuming you have /common NFS mounted on all
machines, you will have the the machines share both the yum RPM's and
headers.

-wolfgang