Re: really REALLY slow computer

It starts to boot OK but really bogs down when it gets to INIT and then
udev times out which takes about 10mins. I was hoping the 2.6.21 kernel
was going to help but it did not. Everything seems to function OK when
it finally boots but it juuussssttt ttttoooo ssslllooowwww. AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Is there anything in the logs about timeouts during boot?
/var/log/dmesg may have some clues...

Nothing about timeouts. Here are a few things from dmesg that might be
of interest.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS available for the DC7700 (we are talking about a DC7700, right)?

Also, I boot my DC7700 with the "pci=noacpi acpi=off" kernel parameters.

- Mike