Re: firefox2 strangeness.

Andrey Shmigelsky wrote:
How to save session? I cant find this option in my FF 2.0.2

On 4/30/07, *Robin Laing* <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Aaron Konstam wrote:
     > Sometimes (but not always) when I open firefox2 I get a pop-up which
     > asks me whether I want to stat a new session or restore the old
    session.

     > What controls this event to occur?
     > --

    It is part of the session manager in FF2.

    It is one of the most useful tools that I use daily.

    It allows me to save the session that I am running and then close off
    Firefox without having to bookmark or try to remember what sites I have
    open at the end of the work day.

    The control for session manager is in Tools on my installation.  I have
    installed tabmix plus that has it's own session manager.

    Check under preferences for the settings.

I installed Tab Mix Plus addon as soon as I installed Firefox. It adds features to Firefox that I find very useful.

This is the session manager I use. Now when I installed it, it did ask if I wanted to use the default Firefox manager or the Tab Mix Plus one.

From the Firefox site, there are some settings in about:config to change the sessions settings.

From http://wiki.mozilla.org/Session_Restore

You can change

browser.startup.page = 3 - Resume sessions always. Default is 1 (open to the homepage at browser.startup.homepage)

I still think Tab Mix Plus is a better manager as it gives you some options as well. Handy when you get one of those sites that causes a crash when you try accessing the page.
--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.