sendmail.org

Quoting Mr. Greshko:
Well, since the messages relate to "imap" one can easily eliminate sendmail.

Yes Im quite aware of that. However I still would like to know where the sendmail.org mailing list got to.

I don't used horde or imp, yet you may want to post your xinted.conf for
others to take a peek at and you may want to check with the horde and imp
folks.  Also, is there only one IP address showing this?  What do you get
when you type "host 204.111.40.3"?  Could be that the logging is trying to
do a reverse lookup of the IP and it is failing.

I have sent an email to the horde folks. 204.111.40.3 is the mailserver (localhost) doing a host 204.111.40.3 returns mail.harrisonburg.k12.va.us. Xinetd.conf:

# Define general logging characteristics.
        log_type        = SYSLOG daemon info
        log_on_failure  = HOST
        log_on_success  = PID HOST DURATION EXIT
##this is default       cps             = 50 10
        cps             = 75 10
        instances       = 60
        per_source      = 10
#       passenv         =
        groups          = yes
        umask           = 002

# Generally, banners are not used. This sets up their global defaults
#
#       banner          =
#       banner_fail     =
#       banner_success  =
}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d

Yes, I have sent an email to the horde folks. You may have something with the DNS stuff though. I'll look at my localhost files. Horde is running on this box.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator