Re: mounting LVM partitions from external drives

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:39:24 +0800
"Hikaru Amano" <kagesenshi.87@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just lost my laptop today .. (motherboard/power unit/whatever goes
> broken -> the laptop wont even power on) ..
>
> in the hdd theres a few assignments and project work which i need to
> submit tomorrow and a few days later next week ... and now i'm trying
> to mount the laptop hdd -> which using LVM - connected using a USB
> connection , from my desktop ... any idea how to init the groups and
> and make the partitions appear on /dev/ ???

See "man lvm"

This lists the related tools, in particular

	lvscan	(scan for logical volumes)
	lvdisplay - which will tell you about volumes

and especially
	vgscan

which I suspect is what you need in order to make the volumes appear