rescue scenario

Folks,

Interesting exam problem that I wasn't able to solve, can I ask how you might have gone about it?

System fails to boot, initrd file missing from /boot partition. Fedora Core 6 with GRUB. Rescue CD complains about mounting partitions but does, but not able to chroot, so forced to look at disks via /mnt/sysimage. Access to a YUM repository but no access to outside world or other local machines, just a rescue disk.

Cheers

Mac