Re: beagle - turning off

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Tim wrote:

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 12:55 -0400, Mail List wrote:
I could remove it - Can one simply "yum erase beagle" - I note rpm's
for libbeagle, beagle-evolution, beagle-gui and libbeagle-python which
I am happy to remove as well as long as this does not trigger a
cascade and end up removing kde or other things I do use.

Simply try doing so, but don't "okay" what it's going to do until you've
read what else is going to disappear with it.  On my system, it was a
useless pain, so I removed it.  I didn't suffer any problems doing so.
But that's no guarantee.  I don't recall what the packages were, but I
thought it was beagled rather than beagle (with a "d" for daemon).

beagled is started when the user logs in. For GNOME, see System Preferences -> More Preferences -> Sessions -> Startup Programs.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu