Re: X11 leaving lock file; wont start

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:23:31 -0700,
rfjones <jonesrf1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote :

> I have fc6 standard install libX11-1.0.3-4.fc6
> More often than not  windows wont start at boot until I manually
> remove the lock file in /tmp.
> How do I get this to stop?

I have the exact same problem.  FC6 x86_64 SMP.  Just upgraded to new
kyum livna nvidia and kernel and X11 nvidia packages yesterday, problem
remains the same.  It is intermittent.  Sometimes it boots all right,
sometimes, deleting of the lock files has to be done, sometimes this
deleting has to be done three times in a row to get a proper boot.  If
it was not that all my audio/MIDI apps are on FC6, I'd switch for
another distro that does not show this problem on the same machine.

Cheers.