Re: Problem with xine playing AVI files

On 4/25/07, michiel <m.karsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When playing an AVI file with xine, I get the following problem:
>
> xine: found input plugin  : file input plugin
> failed to read 8 bytes at pos 732637184
> xine: found demuxer plugin: AVI/RIFF demux plugin
> video_decoder: no plugin available to handle 'XviD'
>
> However, I do have installed the following packages:
>
> Installed Packages
> xine.i386                                0.99.4-10.lvn6         installed
> xine-lib.i386                            1.1.6-1.fc6            installed
> xine-lib-extras.i386                     1.1.6-1.fc6            installed
> xine-lib-extras-nonfree.i386             1.1.6-1.lvn6           installed
> xvidcore-1.1.2-2.lvn6
>
> Any ideas?

Same over here with the latest vlc from livna. Looks like freshrpms & livna have probs. I was used to vlc playing nearly
everything I throw at it.

I removed as many packages as I could from Livna. Afterwards, I
deactivated the Livna repository and replaced the removed Livna
packages with Freshrpms ones. Now everything seems to be working fine.
From my experience, Livna has problems much more frequently than
Freshrpms.

Paul