Re: core 6 issues

On 4/24/07, JJ JJ <jj28h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,
I'd like to ask you a couple of things regarding my core 6 install.
How do I shut it down? I mean, completely power off?
Rebooting is not a problem, but when I choose shutdown, it stops everything,
and then says "system halted" and that's it. I believe it even puts to sleep
the hard drive, but the computer is still on.
What should I do?

Push the power button after that and it will turn off.  Linux is shut
down (completely), it just failed to tell the motherboard/PSU to turn
off.  This is an issue with ACPI (the fact that Windows works is
irrelevant).  Begin looking for ACPI messages in /var/log/messages as
others have suggested.  Run this command as root:
grep -i acpi /var/log/messages

Jonathan