Re: tcpdump

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Hi

I have read the manpage of tcpdump and could see -s option for snaplen

what does it mean and I did not understand this option

It is the maximum size to capture of each packet and defaults to just enough to show the TCP headers. An ethernet packet can be 1500 bytes long if you want to capture all the data too.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx