Re: Convert PDF to Text?

On Monday 23 April 2007, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx
spake thusly:
wrote:
> >> Kword won't even open the file because it does not
> >> recognize or support the format.
> >
> > I will cover my own post. It has to be imported and
> > then it works very nicely. Very cool!
>
> I can't even import PDF.

Did you go to

File > Open

or

File > Import

I made the mistake the first time. You can't open the file
you have to import it.

> I'm just given three supported types to choose from:
>
> . OASIS OpenDocument Text
> . OpenDocument Text Template
> . KWord Document
>
> "All Supported Types" doesn't work either, it just
> doesn't see the PDF.
>
> I even tried dragging and dropping it in ... no joy.
>
> Renaming the extension to odt let's me at least see the
> filename, but when I try to import it, I get "Not a valid
> KOffice file".
>
> Is there some additional dependencies I should install?
>
> Using KWord 1.6.2 on FC6.

Group        : Applications/Productivity
Source       : koffice-1.6.2-3.fc6.1.src.rpm
Build Time   : Sun Mar  4 19:56:25 2007
Install Time : Sun Apr 22 14:33:32 2007

I installed every thing except the devel package and the
language packages.

It only gets text and completely ignores images.

The Evince package works even better. I only know how to
start it from the shell. I don't have an icon for it that I
can find. Running KDE

--
If the word following begins with
a vowel, the word you want is...