Re: Yum documentation

On 4/22/07, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris Tyler wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:09:49 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Is the format of *.repo files (in /etc/yum.repos.d/) described
>> anywhere?
>>
>> I'm wondering if one can have several databases for the same repo?
>> And a mirrorlist as well?
>
> See 'man yum.conf' -- baseurl can have more than one URL and can be used
> in conjunction with mirrorlist.

Thanks.
In excuse, I assumed that "man yum.conf" deals solely with yum.conf .
I should have thought description of the format of *.repo files
would come under "man yum" - or there should at least be a pointer there
to the location of such a description.

A good "yum FAQ" would be useful -
advising on the steps to take if yum fails, for various reasons
(dependency conflicts, etc).

Conflicts! If you use just the "official" or "approved" repositories
like a good FC user should there should not be any or wait a day for
the mirrors to sync. ;-)

Documentation: Have you tried:

http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

and