Re: Capture OOPS

Ashley M. Kirchner writes:

Seems I've asked this before, but I'll be darned if I can find the answer somewhere in my archives. I need to capture a kernel OOPS somehow.

Connect this server's serial port to another machine's serial port through a null modem adaptor. On the second machine run minicom, set the port speed to 57,600, and start the capture log:

Boot the first machine with two extra kernel boot parameters:

console=ttyS0,57600 console=tty0

The second machine should begin capturing console messages as soon as the first one begins booting.