Re: Kron problem

On Friday 20 April 2007, George Hare wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>    I am trying to schedule ajob for just one day a month every month, so I
> picked the 15th of the month just for no particular
> reason and I choose none of the days of the week because they might not
> jive with the 15th of the month.
> Every time I eliminate the days and clicked ok, Kron forced me to pick a
> time and when I went back, it had chosen every day
> of the week. I cannot reconcile the 15th of the month and every day of the
> week. Anybody have any experience with this? I would appreciate
> any help.
> Thanks,

Maybe it has to select every day of the week, since it doesn't know which day
the 15th will occur on.  It's my guess that it will check each day to see
whether it is the 15th.  The simple way to check is to set up a test job for
tomorrow, timing it to run in the evening.  If it runs today, then there's a
bug.  If it doesn't, but runs tomorrow you know that all's OK.

Anne