From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anne Wilson [cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 5:21 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: rsync and removable devices

I need to keep a directory on the laptop sync-ed with a directory on a usb
drive.  I can't get rsync to accept the sda1, even though I've tried several
variations of address in the command.  I must be missing something?

It's mounted normally for a usb drive, under media:/, but that obviously
doesn't act as a normal directory, since you can't ls it.  Clarification of
this would be useful, too, for future use.

Thanks

Anne