strange problem: gnome disalbe the keyboard!?

hi, all

I am working with updated FC6 for a long time and meet a strange
prolbem this morning ....

It happens very suddenly. I rember that I were writing in the sametime
IM window, maybe for some
reason I switch the windows with 'alt-tab'  but I cannot  ensure. ( I
am using beryl), then it happened. The keyboard was lost. I cannot
input any character in to the IM window include 'enter'.

I reboot the machine but once  I login with the account using gnome,
the keyboard be lost. But the mouse is working normally. And with
another account, root, the keyboard is working fine in gnome. And the
same account in KDE has no such problem aslo.

What a strange problem. Any ideas?