Re: X-server reinstall

Arne Chr. Jorgensen wrote:
> ( Was: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat )
>
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>>
>> I just wonder if anyone has noticed that the OP has not said anything
>> since first posting.  Ever get the feeling you've been baited?
>>

> ;) - well... if I had been interested in Microsoft products, I wouldn't
> have postet on this list.

Hint:  Then you shouldn't have used "Microsoft" in your original post and
you shouldn't have made it into a challenge.

When you first posted, I did ask you what you were after.

Now, it seems, your question is simply "How to I reinstall the X-server".

> The only thing I got so far is a line from Arthur Pemberton:

No, you got what you asked for.

>> yum remove "xorg*" && rm -rf /etc/X11/* && yum install "<DE OF YOUR
>> CHOICE""
>>

> Now, what is "DE OF YOUR CHOICE" ?  ( I am not familiar with yum, and
> what it is capable of )

> A little background on my earlier post:

Hint 2:

When posting and in need of help simply ask the question and provide the
*technical* details of your question.  As in, "I did XXXX, and now have
problem YYYY.  What should I do to recover?".

When you say things such as ""X" has been a problem over the years,
especially with RH" you are adding your opinion and invite others to chime
in and thereby taking the dialog in a direction other than solving a
technical question.