Re: yum errors since update -

On 4/19/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 19 April 2007, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
>Kam Leo wrote:
>> On 4/19/07, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I seem to be having a problem since yesterdays system update.  Can't
>>> apply todays updates and most yum operations seem to result like below:
>>>
>>> yum install ncftp
>>> Setting up Install Process
>>> Setting up repositories
>>> http://dl.atrpms.net/fc6-i386/atrpms/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
>>> 4] IOError: <urlopen error (104, 'Connection reset by peer')>
>>> Trying other mirror.
>>> Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: atrpms
>>>

>>> Any suggestions on what to look for appreciated.  I haven't been able to
>>> see any changes to the configuration files but I may have missed
>>> something?
>>>
>>> Bob Goodwin
>>
>> ATrpms may be having server problems. Have you tried disabling the
>> repo and seeing if yum works with your remaining choices?
>
>Well then how about:
>
>yum update --disablerepo=atrpms
>Setting up Update Process
>Setting up repositories
>dries                     100% |=========================|  951 B
>00:00
>livna                     100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
>00:03
>updates-released          100% |=========================| 1.2 kB
>00:00
>Could not retrieve mirrorlist
>http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors error was
>[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (104, 'Connection reset by peer')>
>Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: kde-redhat-all
>
>I've been messing with this sporadically all day without success?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bob Goodwin

I have this too, but other files from atrpms load just fine.

--
Cheers, Gene

I have no problems using these repositories:

# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
dries                     100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
updates                   100% |=========================| 1.2 kB    00:00
freshrpms                 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
macromedia                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00

Don't forget that Ubuntu has just been released. Many mirrors are
being hammered. It could be that your repositories are hosted at the
same sites as the Ubuntu 7.4 isos. Wait a while and see if things
clear up.