Re: DVD drive not detected anymore

Ed Greshko wrote:
Henk Altena wrote:

Ed here is my dmesg file. Take a look at /dev/hdd !  Now the question is
it a  BIOS or FC6 error ?

Looks like either BIOS problem or ide bus scan problem on power up.

You have 2 ide controllers.  The DVD is on ide1 and is secondary on the
string.  One can't tell from this information so you will have to check to
see if you are using "Cable Select" or if the DVD is jumpered to be
secondary.  In any case I would suggest you make it primary and see if that
helps.

O.K. Ed I made the DVD master on the second controller (with a jumper). When starting up the system this morning everything was fine: the DVD was correctly detected by Fedora 6.

Thanks for the help,

Henk