Re: Good Beginner Distros (Was: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat)

Kelly wrote:

I think you should give Ubuntu a second chance. It is great for this kind of situations. You should give Kubuntu a chance too!

Was only two versions ago. Same results from both Kubuntu and Xubuntu, and it's a flaw built into Debian itself; defoma seems to have major issues remembering where the fonts are installed...

Plus, IIRC, the *buntu series doesn't have a system for configuring LDAP clients, and I'm not 100% sure how to work PAM + LDAP manually...

Did I miss something in this thread? What kind of beginner has an LDAP service for authentication?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx