Re: Curious kmail question

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 18 April 2007, Andy Green wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
Please understand I really like KDE and kmail/kontact was my first
choice.  But at the moment I don't recommend it for IMAP at least.
Your opinion, but certainly not mine.  If you need specific advice on
kmail + imap, the place to get it is on the kde-pim list.  It's generally
helpful.
One needs advice when the lack is in the user.  If the lack is in the
software, that takes developers to sort out.

Just a thought, Andy. If you have a problem and linuxmaillists and I don't, does that mean that the lack is in the software?

*big gallic shrug*

My experiences are that stock, unmeddled-with KMail terminates abruptly sometimes on my setup, blocks the UI while it repeatedly fetches stuff from the server on folder selection, where Thunderbird multitasks and is highly stable. Therefore I don't use KMail any more. I actually tried it the other week because I hankered after the gpg sig handling it used to give me but it still broke after five minutes. Fresh-installed Apps blowing chunks and terminating on an otherwise stable platform is an app issue, as is the UI blocking and alleged repeated folder fetching.

Great that you have a better experience, but for sure your experience does not negate mine any more than mine negates yours.

-Andy