Re: Saving more than two kernels

Richard A. Hogaboom wrote:
Is there some simple way of setting yum to save previous versions
of the kernel so that I can go back easily when new kernels cause
problems? more than the two default, say maybe 5?

Unless it has changed recently, the one you are running during the install of the new one is the one that is kept - so even if the next 4 kernels won't boot for you, you'll still have the one that does work. I'm not sure how it makes this decision, but that was what I saw through most of the life of FC5 where the update kernels wouldn't work on one of my machines until I did a bios upgrade.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx