Re: DOS Emulator

At 05:11 18/04/2007, you wrote:

Try

DOSBox
<http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1>http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

I've run an old DOS CAD program called Generic CADD under DOSBox on a Fedora machine. It's so old it expects to have the mouse plugged into a serial port, so I couldn't use it at all for years. It works just fine under DOSBox, if I ever need to open any old drawings.

The thing you have to be aware of with DOSBox is that when you run software like Generic CADD, it grabs hold of the mouse cursor and excludes it from the rest of the desktop. So you need to know the magic button to press to make it let go. It's something like Alt-F10.

Need to read the documentation, too, to work out how to get it to mount a Linux directory as the c:\ DOS drive, but it does work.

Dave F

Jason