Re: [Fedora] Re: Failover setup

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 00:16:24 Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> Ferguson, Michael wrote:

> > OK.

> > Have a standby box prepared and ready, shutdown and waiting.

> > If the primary goes down, your users will call you. Go in and simply swap

> > it out. No?

> There in lies the problem: they won't call to tell me it's down.

> They'll just sit there and complain or wonder and wait till *I* come in

> to figure it out. And let's say they do call...do you honestly think

> I'm going to wake up at 4 in the morning, drive down to the building to

> swap a machine? Would you? :)

Again, Keepalive+LVS will provide you an HA enviroment so you will be able to go to bed without any worries :-)

That's what I did some days ago with an apache cluster I was required to set up.

If one of the apaches fails, the other one will server all the connections.

--

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.