Re: format logwatch reports as html [Solved]

On Tue April 17 2007, Tim wrote:
> I dare say that, if you didn't mind a plain HTML output, you could have
> gotten away with making your own header file of:

> And a footer file of just: </body></html>
>
> It's been my experience that much of the HTML trickery gets ignored in
> mail clients, anyway.  For example, although Evolution supports HTML, it
> doesn't seem to care about how it presents it.

Well, no, that's really not what I wanted. I'm not sure where the formatting
occurs because that header.html file doesn't seem to contain enough info; my
report arrives with all the sections listed vertically at the top; each item
is a hyperlink that you can click on to take you to the precise section; each
section is contained within a simple table - the first row is white
backgrounded and is a sub-section title - each subsequent row within the
sub-section is grey-backgrounded; new sub-sections are introduced by another
white backgrounded title row; fonts are larger - the whole thing is very easy
to glance through and navigate through, and problems are easy to spot.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA