Glowing Blue Gnome Panel

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before. I have a feeling it must have but I cannot find anything about it in either Google, the archives, the KDE site, or the Gnome site.

System:
	Fedora Core 6
	KDE
	Gnome Panel 2.16.3

When I am working in a desktop, a program from one of the other desktops will start slowing flashing blue in the gnome panel at the bottom of the screen. If I click on it, the desktop will switch to the one with that program and bring up the corresponding window. The program has not been doing anything but just sitting there, no updates or anything that I can see. Is there any way to stop this annoying action? I have checked for a setting in the menus but cannot find anything. Is there a CLI solution in a .conf file somewhere? I have been trying to ignore it but it is starting to get on my nerves.

Thanks,

Patrick