Re: Recording a broadcast.

On 4/12/07, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 12 April 2007 19:04, Anne Wilson wrote:
> BBC Radio 4, last evening, broadcast a half-hour program about OSS.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/pip/z9ksy/
>
> I'd like to record this, to listen again later.  I'm sure it can be done,
> but this is new to me.  What do I need to do this?  Thanks
>
> Anne

I've recorded stuff from bbc7 using MhWaveedit, but these are using the listen
again option on the site. Not sure if I've tried recording the live stuff.

You can get MhWaveedit from.
https://gna.org/projects/mhwaveedit/

It's really an editor, but records well, and you can save as .wav, .ogg,
or .mp3 (if you have the lame package installed).

It's a source tarball, and you need libsndfile-dev, and libsamplerate-dev to
be installed so as to build it.

Ironically the link to the broadcast in that page that you sent
crashes my Firefox browser :]

But in any case, I have heard that VLC has some capable stream to disk
functions. Not sure how it handles RealAudio streams though.

/Mike