Re: how to reformat floppies that have data on them

On 4/11/07, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't miss them either, but when you are using an ancient machine to run
your Smoothwall firewall on, and the BIOS can't boot from the cdrom, then
your stuck with booting from the floppies.

I do have another old machine 133Mhz, which IIRC does boot from cdrom. Perhaps
I should move the Smoothwall to that. Saying that though it would be nice to
resolve the mformat problem that I've having.

So it is not the b: drive?

Another option would be to get an ancient 20 MB IDE harddrive just to
keep the boot info on.

/Mike