Re: Newbie question: Fedora Core 3

David Garcia Aristegui wrote:
Hello, i have to update a Fedora Core 3
[root@goldman sources.list.d]# more /etc/fedora-release
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)

apt-get don't works
[root@goldman sources.list.d]# apt-get update
Fetching list of repositories/mirrors...
E: Failed to fetch mirror list file:

[root@goldman sources.list.d]# more fedora.list
# Please choose the nearest mirror http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraMirrorList
rpm http://fedora.mirror.sdv.fr/fedora fedora/1/i386 os updates
# Add any local / 3rd party repositories here..

Where could i find the proper values for the repository? Thank you in advanced.

David,

The FC3 was in the legacy project, which has been shut down a few months ago. Some people are still mirroring the 'old' releases.
Below  is  an excerpt of the last mail about this topic from the legacy list. Hope any of this suits your needs.

Regards,
Jeroen.

David Eisenstein wrote:

>Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:

[...]
>>    Also I'd like to know if there's a list of mirrors that will

continue
>>to be available for a while. If not I'd like to know how I can rsync all
>>packages created by the Fedora Legacy Project without also rsyncing the
>>packages that are still available at download.fedora.redhat.com. Most
>>packages have legacy in their filename, but I believe some do not. Can
>>anyone shed some more light on this?

>In addition to what someone else said about the planetmirror mirror in
>another message, I had heard that the fermilab ftp mirror (of Batavia,
>Illinois, USA) has no intention to go down any time soon.  The contact
>there, Troy Dawson, kindly informed Jesse Keating that fnal's mirror
>has always been a full mirror of the legacy repository, and pains were
>taken to make sure it would remain there without losing any data or
>packages when the main repo went down.
>
>Fermilab mirror:
>
>       ftp://linux21.fnal.gov/linux/legacy/
>
>A mirror I have used in the past at Iowa State University (Ames, Iowa,
>USA) appears to still be up, but I have no idea what plans, if any, they
>have for keeping it around:
>
>       http://rh-mirror.linux.iastate.edu/fedoralegacy/
>       ftp://rh-mirror.linux.iastate.edu/fedoralegacy/

>More information about Iowa State's mirror, including contact
>information, appears to be on the web here:
>       http://rh-mirror.linux.iastate.edu/fedora-legacy/

   We're planning to keep them up for at least six months to a year so
long as we are getting significant downloads from people. If the numbers
start to drop, we'll probably take it down sooner than that.

   Current stats:

      RPMS downloaded in November: 5987

      RPMS downloaded in December: 10620

      RPMS downloaded in January: 3006

      RPMs downloaded since Feb 1: 19799

So, at least some people still find us useful.  :+D

   We don't think, from a security point of view, that it is responsible
to encourage people to use older systems by leaving them up longer than
a year. But that gives people time to find a suitable migration path.

    Dave